HOT JOB HOT JOB HOT JOB
Strategic Solutions Unlimited
Information Assurance Engineer
SSU has been tasked with providing JWICS support to the Air Force at Lackland AFB, TX.
General Job Description:
This position requires an individual with in-depth knowledge in information systems security methodologies applied to applications. This candidate will work with the Development and Security teams to assess if software applications meet DISA Security Technical Implementation Guide (STIG) requirements. The candidate will perform duties such as; coordinate with external systems in implementing FSO-approved security requirements for network connections, obtaining DoD Certificates, coach developers in developing libraries for interface collectors for Unix which implement STIG security requirements, and document security procedures. This candidate will also work with NetOps SA Tool Development and sustainment teams and implement IAVA, maintain the system SSAA, and develop POA&M documents.
3-4 years of direct Information Assurance Systems Security experience
A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Business, or other related disciplines. A Bachelor’s degree may be waived if the individual has six years of additional related experience.
Security Clearance: Top Secret with TS/SCI
This position requires a minimum of 8 year’s experience with a degree and includes:
- Ability to research and implement DoD security policies, standards and processes in software applications for the Solaris operating system required.
- Experience with implementing all of DISA STIG requirements in Unix systems for accreditation is required.
- Knowledge of DIACAP Certification and Accreditation Process
- Ability to identify potential vulnerabilities in software applications, and recommend and implement solutions.
- Experience with Public Key Infrastructure solutions required.
- Experience with analyzing vulnerabilities in Oracle and providing solutions is required.
- Experience with DISA’s Vulnerability Management System (VMS).
- Experience in performing DISA Security Readiness Reviews and vulnerability assessments.
- Must have excellent communication and writing skills, ability to work closely with clients as required.
- Must be able to develop and present detailed technical documentation.
- Experience with SSH, SSL, VPNs for Solaris operating system is a plus.
- Experience with Network Operations Center (NOC) is desired.
- Software development skills in Sun Solaris Unix, Java, Perl, or ODBC are a plus.
Required Professional Certifications:
- 8570.01-M – Security + Certification upon contract start. Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
Desired Professional Certifications:
- ITILv3 Foundation Certification
- ITILv3 Intermediate Qualification for Planning, Protection & Optimization (PPO)
- ITILv3 Intermediate Qualification for Service Offerings & Agreements – Desired
- ITIL v3 Intermediate Qualification for Continual Service Improvement (CSI) – Desired
- DoD 8570.01 – Desired upon contract start, required within 6 months.
Note: most jobs remain open for 2-14 days. If this job is no longer available then you will be presented with similar job listings that are open.
Visit http://www.USAJobZoo.com or http://USADefenseIndustryJobs.com for all of your job search needs. Both are IntelligenceCareers.com websites.